District Correspondent, Howrah: A massive fire took place at a plastic godown in Howrah. The incident took place in 40 Jali Gate Vote Bagan area. The fire was spotted around 2 in the afternoon on Saturday.
4 fire tenders reached the spot to douse off the fire. The locals informed the fire brigade after spotting the smoke in the place. After hours of effort, the fire was brought under control. Approximately plastic pipes worth Rs 40-45 lakhs have been gutted down in fire.
Meanwhile, the reason behind the breakout of the fire is assumed as short circuiting. No casualties have been reported in the incident.